Policies and Proceedures
How To Be A Successful Learner:
1) Be on time, ready for class with the materials you need (book, notes, writing tool, etc.)
2) Bring respect and pride with you into the classroom.
3) Participate actively in your own education.
Focus Open-mindedness Respect Communication Energy
I adhere to the rules as found in the student handbook.
I also have several rules I am particularly "picky" about.
- I ask students to remove their hats while in class, as we would around a dinner table.
- I ask that students refrain from using their electronics as distractions from education, and that students ask permission to use their devices for educational purposes (Good uses of electeronics include fact-checking me, looking up vocabulary, reading news headlines, etc.).
- I am particularly insistent that a student arrive on time, or else arrive with an appropriate pass from elsewhere.
- I cannot abide by meanness, teasing, cruelty, bullying, etc. I will intervene when I believe people are being made to feel unwelcome in our classroom.
Grading for Each of My Classes:
Grades will be based upon several elements, including class participation, attendance, writing assignments, homework, tests and projects.
Each assignment will be assiged a point value:
- Written homework generally fits into the 5 to 10 point range.
- Generally quizzes will be valued between 10 to 20 points.
- Tests will be in the 50 to 100 point range (depending on the scope of material covered).
- Projects and papers are usually between quiz value to test value (depending on size and scope).
The value of assignments will be clearly stated to students when assigned and within the PowerSchool grade book online.
Retakes: Any student (regardless of the test grade) may ask to retake a test either immediately after taking it the first time, or upon receiving the graded test back from me. The request must be made in a timely manner. A particular test can only be retaken once. The new test grade is the one that goes into the book, for better or for worse.
Extra Credit: If I offer extra credit, it is made available for ALL students as an extension of the course. End of marking period requests for extra credit in lieu of completing required work during the course of study will not be considered.
Exams: There will either be a final project or comprehensive exam weighted 1/7 of the course.
Haphazard 无为 and 朴
Chaotic action (through non-action) and the unlimited potential of the uncarved block. Who knows? Click. :)
Policies & Procedures
Odds and Ends
- History rhymes a lot...
- Murder Ballad Monday
- Greylock Echo Online
About Brother Pete
Father, Teacher, Advisor, WebMaster, Firefighter, Brother, and Friend...